Friday, May 22, 2009

An Letter to Fresh & Easy

I sometimes find I need to pick up some fruit or veggies after a long day of work but I hate going to the actual grocery store. They're big and the parking can be a pain at my regular stores (I'm in SoCal people. Parking is annoying 85% of the time). I like to run in somewhere small and quick. Like a convenience store, but with food that's good for you and not expensive. Enter Fresh & Easy. Sometimes their food is expensive ($3.98 for a handful of asparagus) and you have to read labels as they aren't a "Clean" store -but they are still awesome. The are big on the fresh concept - so, if you go in the evening after 6 pm they have mark downs on their fruit/bread/veggies/fish that are to expire that day or the next.

Recently, I bought 4 personal sized watermelons for 98 cents each! 4 ciabatta buns for 77 cents! A loaf of the best ciabatta bread I've ever had in my life for $1.50 (put slices in a toaster to warm and it's nearly orgasmic)! Also, the ciabatta is minimally processed - the downfall is that they use enriched flour. And their fish is SO good. I get two wild caught yellowfin tuna steaks here every other week for $10. Mmmm. It's so yummy. Their spices are reasonbly priced. I can walk out of there with $30 worth of food and it will be a large canvas bag full! It's also pretty cool that if you sign up for their e-mail, you get a free canvas bag and coupons pretty often.

"Dear Fresh & Easy,

You Rock!!

Love,

Tara"

I think I'll go enjoy one of my 98 cent melons right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment