Monday, May 11, 2009

Kashi Product Review

So in reading the April/May 2009 issue of Clean Eating Magazine they recommend products that are prepackaged but still clean. One of those products is the Kashi Original Whole Grain Pilaf. It's two servings and ready for you to stick in the microwave or heat quickly on the stove top. This is great because grains are very time consuming to cook. It was even more excited about the fact that there is zero (ZERO!) salt added. They have a couple other flavors but I opted for original.

Sadly, it was too gross for me to eat. The smell alone seemed putrid to me. I just couldn't get past it. It also tasted just as horrible as it smelled. Awful. Ugh. The first time I tried a prepackaged clean product and it was rancid. Just gross.

Now, even though I was tainted with the Original Whole Grains experience, I still opted to try Kashi's Go Lean cereal. I eat their Autumn Wheat cereal pretty often actually. It's got just a hint of sweet and I think it tastes sweeter with the more fat there is in your milk (I have a co-worker that disagrees). Clean Eating Mag has Go Lean on their weekly meal plan at once a week for breakfast and sometimes as a snack. The picture on the box doesn't look very tasty so I had never tried it. Honestly, I was going into this thinking I would never buy Go Lean again. I mean, how good can something be that describes it's ingredients as "tasty fiber twigs". I mean, "twigs", really? It just doesn't seem like such a good marketing word, even for the crowd they are trying to appeal to. Surprisingly, Go Lean is pretty tasty. It faintly reminds me of Golden Smacks and has an occasional spark of brown sugar flavor (think like in the Ratatouille scene where the flavors are swirling and twinkling colors dancing to upbeat music). I will totally be making this one of my regular cereals.

No comments:

Post a Comment